Christian Singles: Find The One

Monday, November 02, 2009

Christian chain spam

I received this email from a loved one recently. While I appreciate the message this is really an amazing monument to Jesus I'm not sure I care for the message at the end. I am not a fan of chain spam as it is. You know the ones that say send this to 10 people and Bill Gates will show up at your house in five minutes with a million dollars wrapped in a bow, or some other ludicrous claim. They are harmless yet annoying. This one however I found particularly offensive.


You have to see these pictures. I would love to see it in person. This is
about 70 miles from Amarillo outside of town called Groom, TX .
(This must have been an awesome labor of love.)
Read message at the end of pictures!
These are the pictures of the crucifixion of Christ
Sculptured from metal by a man near Amarillo, TX ...
The crosses are made of metal also. The man did
this out of the kindness of his heart.
Someone donated the land
On which to erect them.
Who is Jesus?
HE IS JESUS
WHO IS HE?






















If you believe in God and in Jesus
Christ His Son .. Send this to all on
Your buddy list.
If not just ignore it.
If you ignore it, just remember that Jesus said.
'If you deny me before man, I will deny you
before my Father in Heaven.
You must send them to 8 people.
In 8 minutes you will receive something you have
long awaited.




First let me reiterate that I do have faith I do believe in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I also believe the only way to heaven is through him. I just find it offensive when an email tells me that I am denying my Lord by not forwarding some chain email. I think it is kind of funny that these goofy threats at the end of chain spam have evolved to the point of threatening hell.Such a great message to send to our fellow man believer or not.

The unfortunate part is that the story and pictures are great. The statues at Cross Ministries must be absolutely amazing. The pictures in the email don't begin to show just how immense that big cross is. Check Cross Ministries for a better view. I would love to see these one day. I wonder if rather than continue this chain with offensive babble could we say something like "Wow what a glorious thing, why not let your friends know about this wonderful tribute to our glorious Lord Jesus." Better yet leave "If you believe in God and in Jesus Christ His Son .. Send this to all on Your buddy list" and leave it at that. I don't know I'm not great at writing letters. I don't like chain mail. I just feel the message would be better served with something positive instead of threats.

Thanks for reading my rant and God Bless,
Jim

1 comment:

wayneb36301 said...

I agree.
It is a shame because some of the forwards are pretty good.
I created a blog just topost the forward emails I get, so that I could share them without spammimg.

Free automated link exchange